Quality & Environment
The sisters of charity have been trying to revive and redevelop the property as a natural and cultural gem since its acquisition in 2005. The Order’s concern is to handle with care the beautiful natural treasures surrounding Kronburg.
- The water in Kronburg originates from our own springs.
- Rainwater is collected in a tank and used in order to conserve the valuable spring water.
- The soakaways have been replaced by a water pipe that allows the water to flow into the sewage plant in Zams.
- In a former agricultural building a wood chip facility was built that largely supplies the whole location with Bio Heating and Hot running water using the elephant grass and the wood from the Kronburger forest.
- The improvement of forest paths simplifies wood transportation and creates additional hiking opportunities. The forest industry is sustainable and environmentally friendly. The steep meadows are partially maintained manually or grazed by sheep.
- In these motorized times the traffic-free town centre seems like a little piece of luxury.